BIVO Blogger

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Men versus Women – Holy Cow are we Different

I know they have made games on the subject and songs about opposites attract, but as my wife hosted a jewelry party the other day at my domicile, it reiterated the vast differences between the sexes. Our jewelry party was well attended by female pals of my wife feeling obligated to buy crap they really don’t need and didn’t intend to buy. Two weeks prior, they got the invitation in the mail and assuredly cursed my wife’s name followed by a comment like “crap, now I have to go to another one of those stupid parties and buy something I don’t want because she is my friend.” Of course the invitation says “just come, your presence is all that matters, you don’t have to purchase anything, blah, blah, blah.” Of course everyone knows better, if you don’t purchase anything you feel like a schlep and once you leave, everyone will be talking about you, so you buy crap you don’t want. NEVER, EVER heard of such a party for the guys!!!! Male gatherings involve beer and sports. Very simple and absolutely no obligation ever to buy anything. Can you imagine a guy hosting a Tupperware party? Hey Steve come on over, we are going to have some pops, snacks, and look at some Tupperware, no obligation to buy. Don’t think so!! At Christmas, my wife hosted a church fellowship party at our pad. After the obligatory gift exchange, the ladies gathered in a circle, held hands, and sang Christmas carols. HUH!!! Don’t see a gaggle of dudes doing anything like that, ever, no matter how many beverages we have consumed. I can see the invitation now. Tom come on over for a night of mirth and merriment. We will have some adult beverages, watch the football game and then maybe huddle in a circle and sing carols. Bet I would get a lot of takers for that.

Then the next day at work, more proof. One of my female co-workers decided to trade clothes with one of my other female co-workers. What would possess one to do that. I asked one of my male cohorts if he minded if I borrowed his pants for tomorrow at work. Surprisingly, he was not overly excited about lending his garb. This is not something that would even enter a guys mind.

My wife has said that this is because nothing ever enters our minds. True I am a much simpler person then my wife, but when things don’t make sense, I call it as it is. Having a party that obligates your friends to annex goods that would prefer not to have, makes no sense. Trading clothes, no sense. This of course is just a few simple examples of how the sexes are so different but I suppose that is why we get along so well together – opposite’s do attract, and holy cow are we opposite!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home